Hon Todd McClay, the MP for Rotorua is looking for a Youth MP to represent the Rotorua Electorate in 2019.
Would you like to be my Rotorua electorate Youth MP for 2019?
Youth Parliament will be held on 16 and 17 July 2019 in Wellington and the Ministry of Youth Development will cover your costs including travel, accommodation and meals in Wellington. This triennial event gives young people the opportunity to understand and be a part of the Parliamentary process.
I am looking for an exceptional young person to be the Rotorua electorate Youth MP.
If you are:
- aged 16 – 18 years old (inclusive) on 19 October 2018
- active in the community
- able to attend Youth Parliament on 16 and 17 July 2019 and commit to the Youth MP tenure, from 1 March to 31 August 2019
- are passionate about youth issues, politics and/or social change
- representative of the diversity of New Zealand’s youth population
- and are able to seek the views, opinions and ideas of their peers and represent them at Youth Parliament 2019.
If this sounds like you then send a letter or email to me setting out why you would be a great Rotorua Electorate Youth MP and your thoughts on the most important thing that parliament should do to help young people in the Rotorua electorate.
Applications must be received in my office at 1301 Amohau Street or by email email@example.com no later than 18 September. If you have any questions please contact my office on 07 348 5871